From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has congratulated the Governor of Edo State, Monday Okpebholo, over the tribunal judgement affirming his victory in the governorship election held in the state in September last year.
In a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media, Lere Olayinka, he urged the Governor to remain focused and avoid being distracted by those who “are only interested in getting power through the back door.”
The FCT Minister described the victory as further confirmation of the mandate freely given to the Governor by the people of Edo State. He said the victory was for the people of Edo State who elected Governor Okpebholo, urging greater commitment to the service of the people.
While expressing confidence in the ability of Governor Okpebholo to bring succour to the people of Edo State, Wike said, “I believe in him, and with the way he has started, I believe that his government will impact positively on Edo State and its people.”